Installing and Activating Plugins
Installing a WordPress plugin from your website:
- Navigate to [your-site.org]/login. Log in with your credentials.
- Go to plugins on the left-hand dashboard menu.
- Click “Add New” at the top of the page.
- Search for the appropriate plugin.
- Click “Install Now”.
Activating a WordPress plugin from your website:
If you just installed it:
- Click “Activate” in the same box as “Install Now” appeared a second ago.
If you installed it previously:
- Go to your “Plugins” page following similar steps to (I) above.
- Click “Activate” underneath your chosen plugin.
Installing a WordPress plugin through an FTP client:
- Find your plugin on WordPress’ website (or some 3rd party site).
- Download the plugin files. These are usually in the form of a zipped folder, and if so you should unzip it so it is a normal folder.
- SFTP into your directory using your favorite FTP client (e.g. FileZilla). See our FileZilla guide at learn.mennonite.net/filezilla-guide for more information.
- Navigate to /home/[username]/public_html/wp-content/plugins.
- Upload the downloaded files into your plugin folder. Wherever you got the plugin files from should have more detailed instructions on this process, but usually you will copy the folder from your download directly to the directory.